INSTRUCTIONAL LEVELS: TINY MITE TACKLE FOOTBALL (AGES 5-7 MAX WEIGHT 75 LBS) Tiny Mite football is a fun, instructional level of teaching basic principles of football with an emphasis on team work, blocking, and tackling while having a lot of FUN!! The Tiny Mite season starts in early August and is over at the end of October. There are no playoffs and they play an 8 game season. All practices are Monday through Friday at Lockport High School (3 days a week, for 1 � hrs). All games are either Saturday or Sunday depending on the team. All Coaches are Pop Warner and USA Football Certified.
MIGHTY MITE TACKLE FOOTBALL (AGES 7-9 MAX WEIGHT 100 LBS) * Mighty Mite football is an instructional level of teaching basic principles of football with an emphasis on team work, fundamentals, and preparing the child for the competitive level of play. The Mighty Mite season starts the first week of August and ends the first part of November. Mighty Mite teams will play an 8 game season, with a post season invitational. The first 3 weeks of the season, the Mighty Mite level will be practicing 5 nights a week at Lockport High School. Once school begins, they will practice 3 days a week with a game played either Saturday or Sunday depending on the team. All Coaches are Pop Warner and USA Football Certified.
DIVISION 3 (AGES 8-14)*: Our Division 3 level of play is broken up into four levels of play to provide the most competitive and safest place for your child to play. Division 3 is still a competitive level of play but does not have national playoffs (Conference and Regional Playoffs still exist). At the Division 3 level your child will once again learn the basic fundamentals and principles of football along with our core values of teamwork and sportsmanship. The Division 3 teams will spend a lot of time in these areas. The Division 3 season starts the first week of August and could end Thanksgiving weekend (the Mid America Regional Championship for teams that win their conference). Practice will be 5 days a week for the first 3 weeks of August. Once school begins, practice will be cut to 3 days a week with a game played on Saturday or Sunday. Division 3 will play an 8 game regular season plus playoffs. All Coaches are Pop Warner and USA Football Certified. *8 Year Olds weighing over 104 lbs will be placed on the division 3 competitive level.
100% refund is available if a cancelation form is completed and signed by a board member May 1st and prior. If your child does not make weight during certification or weekly weight-ins, and is unable to be placed on a team, there will be no refunds provided. No refunds after May 1st. No exceptions.
PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
Lockport Jr. Porters Youth Football
All parents will abide by the code of conduct, which includes the following:
1. Do not criticize the Conference, Jr. Porters, board members, coaches, players and/or cheerleading in public or on social media but reserve constructive criticism for later, in private, with those it involves.
2. Accept decisions of the game officials on the field as being fair, and called to the best ability, of said officials.
3. Do not criticize an opposing team, its players, coaches, or fans by word of mouth or gestures.
4. Emphasize with your child that good athletics strive to be good students and that both are physically and mentally alert.
5. Strive to make every football/cheerleader activity serve as a training ground for life, and a basis for good mental and physical health by being there to support your child.
6. Emphasize that winning a game is the result of good “TEAMWORK”.
7. Will refrain from talking to your child during games and practices. Any fan who becomes a nuisance and out of control shall be asked to leave.
8. Refrain from using abusive and profane language before anyone.
9. Do not deliberately incite unsportsmanlike conduct.
10. Abstain from drinking of alcoholic beverages at both the game and practice fields.
11. Will support all fund raising and other Jr. Porters activities.
12. Will be responsible for completing and turning in all required paperwork during the season on time.
13. Will be required to help out where needed during Jr. Porters functions.
14. Will not do anything that will be detrimental to the team and/or Jr. Porters.
15. Will be responsible for getting and picking up your child on time to all Jr. Porters functions.
16. Will be responsible for all my child’s equipment and uniforms. Will replace anything dial is lost, damage
due to misuse, or not turned in at the end of the season.
17. Will uphold all Rules, Regulations, Code of Conduct, By-laws, and Board of directives of Lockport Jr. Porters Youth Football.
ANY VIOLATIONS OF THIS CODE OF CONDUCT COULD RESULT WITH TERMINATION.